Christine’s writing for children and young adults includes fiction, poetry, and narrative nonfiction. Her books include the highly acclaimed book of poetry, Poisoned Apples: Poems For You, My Pretty; the novel-in-verse Ask Me How I Got Here; the nonfiction City Chickens; and the Backyard Witch series (with Ron Koertge).
Christine has been working in the field of children’s publishing for more than twenty five years. Her essays and reviews have appeared in The Horn Book Magazine, The Five Owls,and The Riverbank Review of Books for Young Readers. She has been a book reviewer for many newspapers; currently she writes the young adult roundup for the Chicago Tribune.
Christine lives in New York’s Hudson Valley with her two daughters, two cats, and one husband. She can be reached via email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
More about Christine:
- Interview with Christine Heppermann at Such A Novel Idea
- On Light and Shadows – Guest post at Stacked Books
- Interview with Christine Heppermann at About.com
- Late Night Library – In Conversation with Christine Heppermann
- Interview with Christine Heppermann at Population-We
- The Horn Book Magazine – Five Questions for Christine Heppermann
- Poor Misunderstood Poetry – Guest post at Teenreads.com
- He Said/She Said with Ron Koertge at Write All The Words
- My Teacher, Mrs.Havlick – Guest post at Write All The Words
- Writing, Without the Clutter – Guest post at 60 Second Recap
- Read With Inflection and Emotion But Not Affectation – Guest post at Galleycat